Monday, September 27, 2010

"More Calcium"

Finally found almond milk in the store. It has 30% calcium just like regular milk so as long as I like the taste and it's not overpriced (on sale this week PLUS had $1 off coupon) I will drink this regularly. I add Hershey's Chocolate Syrup with Calcium to it when I need a chocolate milk, not labeled gluten free but I do not see any dairy or gluten ingredients in it. I am surprised almond milk does not have the high level of B12 like most "milk substitutes" do. I am not vegetarian/vegan so this should not be a problem. I have been wanting to try almond butter as well but forgot, oops! It is weird eating peanut butter from a spoon, you know not putting it on bread. Peanut butter tastes great on apple wedges! so does cheese I am told but I can't have that.

I will be skipping all fruit but apples and the very occasional dried cranberries since I have a lot in the house. Had a couple of delicious Cortlandt apples the other day so I picked up some more of them, bagged. Stop and Shop claims they are not waxed so we will see. I'm not a big salad eater. I have to find a wheat free dressing I like and I'll sneak in some salad as a side dish. One of my favorite restaurants instead of serving a tossed salad gives each person 1/4 head of iceberg lettuce with other vegetables as a salad. It is so fresh that way, maybe I can cut mine into 6 or 8 pieces and add my carrots, peppers and almonds or walnuts to it.

Boar's Head makes Lite Beef Hot Dogs that are dairy and gluten free so for a quick protein meal I picked some of those up. Was looking for some Boar's Head pre-cooked turkey to slice up until I am back into full cooking mode but they didn't have any. I know Boar's Head cold cuts do not use fillers so hoping the pre-cooked turkey breast I have gotten from them in the past is also wheat free.

I am still kinda paranoid to eat but eating. Tonight along with the coconut milk and hot dogs I cooked up a sweet potato. They have a lower sugar content than white potatoes and I like them much better; I add a little healthy butter substitute and cinnamon, mmm!

I have a Dunkin Hines brownie mix box sitting on my refrigerator staring at me but I really am not craving any bread or pasta... well except for my pizza cravings!

Last time I did the Meryl Diet I ate oatmeal every morning, last week homemade oatmeal made me so ill so I will be looking for gluten free hot/cold cereal substitutes. I know they are out there but I am not in a rush since I am trying to low carb it for a while to knock off the last pounds I need to get rid of.

Well back for more seltzer. I tried a couple of store brand "flavored" seltzers and they were only tainted with flavor. My new friend told me he loves raspberry flavored ginger ale which I tried and it was pretty good; he gets another plus mark. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment