Saturday, August 22, 2009

"My Life Begins Today"

Recently started a new chapter in life, finding I had to re-read an old chapter. What is that phrase those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it?

My new chapter is a new career having "converted" from the computer programming field to the medical field; diagnostic imaging. Just finished up four years of school, and feel like I am starting a new life.

How come the old problems with food have to resurface? I know stress, lack of exercise, and eating a lot of the wrong things and in excess. I have allergies and migraines which have gotten worse due to all of the above not to mention the weight gain. Time to restart the "Meryl diet".

With the hot, hot August weather, eating better started to happen with more fruit intake. Reading another persons blog about how she wanted to cut sugar out of her life for seven days reminded me of what I needed to do and the benefits from doing so. May add in song lyrics and Madison my yellow Labrador Retriever as well. I hope you enjoy it!

So this blog is going to mostly be about getting back to eating better, the ups and downs, and what I have learned. I hope in writing this besides helping myself, I will be able to help others.

Fly By Night - RUSH:
"Start a new chapter
I find what I'm after
It's changing every day
The change of a season
Is enough of a reason
To want to get away
Quiet and pensive
My thoughts apprehensive
The hours drift away
Leaving my homeland
Playing a lone hand
My life begins today..."

No comments:

Post a Comment