Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Sugar Cravings!"

Sugar is a hard habit to break. I should know, I have done it before and succeeded. It takes time...

Today I tried something new, Greek yogurt (http://www.chobani.com/OurProducts/Vanilla/). I added fresh raspberries to it like I did with my former low fat/Splenda yogurt and I still yearned for more sugar. I was at work, so I only had access to my Splenda so I added a packet and that helped me out. The amazing thing with this yogurt? The skim milk did not affect my stomach! Not sure why but I am happy about that. I have to do some more research into this brand of yogurt to see if I can figure it out. This yogurt looks to have more cultures in it, and less sugar than the yogurt I used to buy. Got it in Stop n Shop; I think it was on sale? They have about 5 flavors but I prefer to add my own fruit so I am sticking with that!

(Note: Chobani claims to be gluten free and I know of at least one celiac who loves it!)

I have to get some natural sweeteners. I used honey for my oatmeal and in the past Stevia (an acquired taste) in my tea, so another thing to add to my list of things to change.

The "Lose It" application working well tracking my intake. Weighed myself today and lost a pound!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment