Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Birthday Dinner Recap"

Went better than I expected. Something was going on before I got there but it was not shared with me of which I was VERY glad. I took my migraine preventative pills before I got there since one is an anxiety pill/anti-depressant, just to be safe.

I stopped at their neighbor's house first since the lady is 92, always remembers my birthday and I hadn't had a chance to return her call. I thought an in person thank you would be appreciated and it really made her night. One of my sisters hadn't arrived yet so it was perfect timing.

I could tell by the look on my 14 year old niece that something was going on when I walked in the door with how happy she was to see me. She and I get along great, it was her expression and later comments that told me my father was "being himself".
Next year I will probably just treat myself to dinner on my own or if I have someone special to share it with, still owe that to myself. I think my attempts at the "tradition" of the family dinner which my father started as his treat to his daughters and wife is, at least for my birthday, a thing of the past. I can not deal with the stupid stress, it boils my blood! The niece is right: dad is old, what do you expect? out of the mouths of babes...
All the dad's out there. Do not belittle your children or treat them like they are your employee. Encourage them to be and do their best.

Should be interesting when I let the parent's in on one of my job's going away, I'll be back to being treated like I'm five, not trying, etc. etc. When I was finally able to get more set hours dad told me he was happy my "attitude" changed... WTF? Does dad really think I have control over the economy? Over people having job openings, calling me for the interview and hiring me? If I did, I would fly directly to Washington and help Obama or whomever was in office fix it. Of the few jobs I find every so often I am one of 300+ applicants. I am usually at the top of the pile but unless you are in that top ten or so, you don't get the call for the appointment. Everyone thinks medicine (and education) are "safe" fields to be in, that is where all the jobs are but no field is safe in this economy or people would be knocking down my door with my PET/CT, Nuclear Medicine, Radiography (x-ray) and computer experience.

Not sure where the PET/CT job is going, all kinds of rumors flying about but I do know I can get at least 4 days out of my office job. That is only 4 extra set hours but 28 hours much better than zero and they are looking for more places to use my expertise to help expedite their processes and increase bring their business back as well.

To think I was ending my blog with a happy note with my "Perfect Song" post... Maybe I can move the order of the posts while I listen to "Letters from the Sky" again.

Thank you for all your comments on my birthday dinner post. Family is whom we are supposed to be able to count on but not for stupid stress for love and support... and for them to know when they are belittling you, treating you like dirt, and to stop it. The latter is lost by my father for sure. "I don't mean it like that". I know he loves me, but he really doesn't get it at all!

Peace, love, hugs, meryl xoxo

PS: The posts that do funky things with the fonts start in Word and don't "transport" like they should: Grrrr!

2 comments:

  1. Try not to take gramps personally - he's just a grumpy old man. Happy your birthday dinner when better than expected. Ah yes - families! We all have em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to share birthday dish and recipe I will try this recipe on my elder sister's birthday, All The activities are very nice.


    Romantic Dinner

    ReplyDelete