Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Perfect Song"

Just when I think I have found the perfect song, that describes how I feel, what I need, what I want, brings tears to my eyes, I find another: Civil Twilight - "Letters From The Sky"

The piano is eerie, mesmerizing, grabs hold of me... then the words! "One day soon I'll hold you like the sun holds the moon"...

I put it up there with Foo Fighters - "Everlong" with how it gets me, gets into my heart and doesn't let go. My guy who is the subject /one singing these to me will be here...

====================================

Civil Twilight - "Letters From The Sky"

One of these days the sky's gonna break, And everything will escape, and I'll know

One of these days the mountains are gonna fall Into the sea, and they'll know

That you and I were made for this, I was made to taste your kiss, We were made to never fall away... Never fall away

One of these days letters are gonna fall From the sky telling us all to go free. But until that day I'll find a way to let everybody know, That you're coming back, you're coming back for me. 'Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here, Hold me here, hold me here

One day soon I'll hold you like the sun holds the moon, And we will hear those planes overhead. And we won't have to be scared, We won't have to be, we won't have to be scared. You're coming back for me, You're coming back for me, You're coming back to me.

Hoping you all have or will soon find your everlong sun that will hold you like the moon.

Peace, love, hugs - meryl xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment